MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Drums, Drums, Drums!, Looking for ideas for drum beats
dgrotbo
post Wed 30 Jun 2004, 20:19
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 26,197

I am a new Logic user (bought the Big Box last year) and overall have been very happy with the way Logic has helped me record my music.

I have been a bit frustrated by drum sounds however. I was looking for a fun and relatively easy (easier than pounding out the beats on my keyboard) way to add neat beats to my songs.

I tried an old Roland drum machine, but felt it was too complicated for what I wanted.

I then looked at Groove Agent but heard many horror stories about how it does not play well with Logic. I tried iDrum, which looked to be perfect, but I cannot get Logic to recognize it. I have not been able to find anyone at Glaresoft or Apple who can help me.

Can I make drums sounds in GarageBand that are usable in Logic? What is the quality of these sounds?

My musical style is classic rock/folk rock. I thought about Specrasonic's Stylus product, but it seems a bit dance oriented and maybe a bit pricey for my needs.

Anything else I am missing? Does anyone have any ideas for me.

Many thanks for your help and consideration.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 29 Sep 2024, 00:31
- © MacMusic 1997-2008