MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Bad Experience With Apple
zakary
post Thu 3 Nov 2005, 12:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,711

I bought my mini (brand new) 2 months ago from London, i live in Athens - Greece. After a months use i started to get many unexpected application quits and finally Kernel panics (the grey screen) and not been able to boot. I asked Apple in Athens for support (within warranty) and they told me THAT NO SUPPORT IS OFFERED by APPLE in GREECE, ONLY THE PLACE I BOUGHT IT FROM.

I attemted to install Osx 10.4.2 again from the disks i got with the mini, first i did all disk checks from the disk utility and got no errors, i did the zero data to wipe everything off and started installing OSX, installation reaches a point (writting files to the HD) and it stops, i get a message "installation failed", there's nothing i can do.

So my experiences are not so good. Coming from a pc/winXP platform, i can assure you i had less trouble, crashes and much better processing power for the money i pay. I do acknowledge that osx is a much better looking interface than any other. If anyone doubts my experience, look into the apple forums and see other mac user problems.

I am at a stage where i have a mac mini, that cannot boot or have the OS installed, unsuable, no one can resolve my problem and APPLE in Athens tells me that they cannot offer support to me.

z
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 25 Sep 2024, 07:27
- © MacMusic 1997-2008