MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Finishing My Dual G5 Upgrades For Recording, Need help Cuz I'm a n00b!
dinofond
post Wed 4 May 2005, 09:40
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,175

Greetings everyone, this is my first post. In the last 3 weeks I have re-tooled my project studio with a dual G5 1.8 running Logic 7.0 pro, 1.25 G/RAM PC3200 and a Motu 896HD. I should be picking up the second Hard Drive Tomorrow afternoon although I wish I had picked it up today. I have a degree in information systems but haven’t been on a MAC since college a few years back. I plan on a full new install when I install the second drive to keep it clean. My questions are these simple ones if someone can lend a hand:

When I put in my second drive to store samples and music on (Since the OS and Logic should run native on the main drive for performance) is there anything I should know as far as formatting and such? For example should I run partitions on either one of the drives for better performance? Should I use one specific format as opposed to another? Are their services running that should be shut off as you would a Linux or M$ machine?

Sorry if this makes no sense, it’s far past my bedtime. Thanks in advance for the help!

-Dino
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 3 Oct 2024, 23:39
- © MacMusic 1997-2008