MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Logic Express Midi Problem!, AU instruments gone astray...
synth82
post Thu 23 Sep 2004, 23:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 48,967

Hi,

I've spent years manipulating audio with pro-tools and cubase and now I'm finally trying to get into MIDI, and I'm doing so with Logic Express - but it is a nightmare!

I have Logic Express with an M-audio Quattro and an Evolution controller keyboard. When I play a note on the keyboard, it will create a note on a sequence on any MIDI track. However, even though I have a bunch of AU synths, including reaktor, they don't seem to appear on any of the drop down menus, plug-in insert lists, nowhere! When I record input from the keyboard to the sequencer, and then play it back, I can see that there is 'Midi output' but it is quite clearly not triggering anything, although I can hear the audio track I have set up. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here? I found 'components' folders in the library and system folder of my HD, which I assume is where the AU instruments go, so I made sure that copies of all components were in both folders! Another thing, I can't even find the included logic synths and sampler anywhere! AND I can't make head nor tail of what the 'environment' is all about!! Is it relevant for software instruments?!

Arggghhhh!!! Please help me, I must be stupid!

Gary
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 22 Oct 2024, 19:01
- © MacMusic 1997-2008