MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> G4dual For Audio, Can't afford G5, what about G4x2
bloodychoir
post Tue 17 Aug 2004, 07:59
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 48,960

Hi all. I've been using an ibook 800mhz with 512 ram for demo recording through a novation speedio into gband. This is fantastic and more than met my expecatations of my first mac. However I wish to do more, faster and better - this means a powermac. I won't be getting rid of the ibook, just using it for mobile stuff, and I can't afford a G5. What can anyone tell me about a dual proc. G4 powermac, how it might be rigged out in order to make audio and video a relatively quick experience, (using something like Nuendo or Cubase, and Final Cut Pro) and what I could expect to pay for a second hand box and keyboard. no monitor etc. I'm Australian, so if you can convert your estimate, great, otherwise no problem. I'm new here so let me know if I'm taxing the system with such a large question. Thank you.

P.S. For the Bonus Round - Does anyone know much about combining a couple of macs via firewire to capitalise on both processors for a single task?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- bloodychoir   G4dual For Audio   Tue 17 Aug 2004, 07:59

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 22 Oct 2024, 15:48
- © MacMusic 1997-2008