MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Reason With Hardware Vs. Pro Tools Le(mbox), help
iceman4
post Sun 6 Jun 2004, 18:56
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,605

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone here could give some advice as to which descision I should make. My dilema is whether or not to purchase Reason(Educational Version) with Tascam US-122 or save my cash a little more and get Pro Tools LE(MBox). Obviously Pro Tools comes with a limited version of Reason as well as programs but I'm wondering about what is limited in these add-ons, especially Reason. I'm looking to plug my mic, bass, guitar and headphones without alternating cables like with my iMic at the moment angry.gif . Thats the hardware front, and for the software, obviously sampling, drum machine, and synth, at least. So I figure Reason offers all of this along with the Tascam, but in the long run I was wondering if it was smarter to go with ProTools especially with all its plug-in programs and its professional quality. Also I've heard various problems with drivers with the MBox, also does anyone know if SampleTank 2 will be released with ProTools as a limited version?

Thanks a lot

Kyle

This post has been edited by iceman4: Sun 6 Jun 2004, 18:59
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
iceman4
post Mon 7 Jun 2004, 22:11
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,605

Arvidtp...thanks so much for your advice. I checked out the logic's sampler, however, its not quite what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something that is similiar to reason's drum machine. Also I was wondering what you think would be a wise decision for hardware. Do you think the Tascam US-122 is a good choice, or should I consider other things in a similar price range?

Thanks so much again

Kyle

This post has been edited by iceman4: Mon 7 Jun 2004, 22:24
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 28 Sep 2024, 06:17
- © MacMusic 1997-2008