MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Reason With Hardware Vs. Pro Tools Le(mbox), help
iceman4
post Sun 6 Jun 2004, 18:56
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,605

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone here could give some advice as to which descision I should make. My dilema is whether or not to purchase Reason(Educational Version) with Tascam US-122 or save my cash a little more and get Pro Tools LE(MBox). Obviously Pro Tools comes with a limited version of Reason as well as programs but I'm wondering about what is limited in these add-ons, especially Reason. I'm looking to plug my mic, bass, guitar and headphones without alternating cables like with my iMic at the moment angry.gif . Thats the hardware front, and for the software, obviously sampling, drum machine, and synth, at least. So I figure Reason offers all of this along with the Tascam, but in the long run I was wondering if it was smarter to go with ProTools especially with all its plug-in programs and its professional quality. Also I've heard various problems with drivers with the MBox, also does anyone know if SampleTank 2 will be released with ProTools as a limited version?

Thanks a lot

Kyle

This post has been edited by iceman4: Sun 6 Jun 2004, 18:59
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
arvidtp
post Sun 6 Jun 2004, 21:23
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,850

Yeah - reason that comes with the Mbox is limited to one NN-19 sampler, two subtracter polysynths, a redrum and a rex file player. That is it except for a reverb, a delay, a mixer and a simple compressor. And no version of reason will record and sequence audio. Also if you plan to edit any MIDI data after you record it at the single note level, i dont think reason's sequencer can do that either. If you want these capabilities you probably want a sequencer like logic, DP, Cubase, Pro TOols. (But Pro tools is not so great for composing I think) If you are a student, Apple's education store sells both express and pro logic versions at half price! [$150 and $500 respectively] I want to get one myself, I just have trouble deciding which because they both look like such a good deal, and being owned by Apple probably helps as far as compatibility an stability. I dunno.

--------------------
-Arvid •• Squish the Squid Productions, Modest Machine

•• digitally augmented trumpet, TOOB, flugelhorn, cracklebox, percussicube, no-input-mixers and Macbook Pro, 2.4 GHz 15", MacOS 10.5, MOTU Ultralite, Logic Studio 9, MaxMSP 5, JackOSX ••
•• Electronic-experimental, jazz, digital instrument design, electronics, unique software and performance.••
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 28 Sep 2024, 06:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008