MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Help And Critique, US-122 recording and track critique
Dimora
post Tue 4 May 2004, 14:15
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,134

Hello hapless reader.

I have just finished a track for a video game that I am scoring and I am ever so slightly unhappy *dripping with sarcasm* with the quality of the recording. Let me run down my set up.

Mac G4 400Mhz
OS 9.2.2
Digital Performer 3
MOTU micro express
Roland JV-1010
Triton LE
Alesis Multi Mix
Tascam US-122

The process:
After I sequence everything, I record it on an Audio track in DP3. From there, I bounce to disk (usually aiff). When I am listening back to the recorded audio through the Tascam (pre-bounce) the sound quality is excellent, but after I bounce to disk, the sound is muddy and rather quiet.

I am relatively new to recording and mixing, and I've tried adjusting gains and levels but to no avail. It simply lacks clarity. I am pretty certain that the problem doesn't lie with the Tascam (because recordings of smaller ensembles sound wonderful) so that would leave me to think that the track gets "dirty" during the bounce. It also sounds a little "hollow" on the left side of the mix. Is that possible? Am I doing something wrong? Are there settings in DP3 that will allow me to specify preferences when bouncing?

You can take a listen to the track here (direct link to the file)

http://no_music.tripod.com/Gnome_Gnation_M..._Main_Theme.mp3

I'd love any criticism on the trackas well!

Thanks!
Clo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Dimora   Help And Critique   Tue 4 May 2004, 14:15
- - Jezreel   Sounds great..... The digi realm volume is low but...   Wed 5 May 2004, 13:48
- - Dimora   Hey Jezreel, thanks for the response! I sti...   Thu 6 May 2004, 13:14
- - pdgood   What about Motu tech support?   Thu 6 May 2004, 18:49
- - Dimora   Well, I'm kind of apprehensive on calling them...   Fri 7 May 2004, 13:07

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 24 Oct 2024, 19:27
- © 440 Forums 2011