MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> 12" Powerbook Screen
spotheball
post Wed 21 Apr 2004, 12:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,598

Can anyone give me opinions on the 12" powerbook screens -
Does the size cause any problems with viewing sequencing software such as pro tools? I would like a 12" because of it's portabilty and relative cost. Would I be better getting a 14" ibook -or even waiting and saving more for a 15" powerbook.
Opinions please.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
PristineRec
post Wed 21 Apr 2004, 23:59
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,284

ProTool scan quickly gobble up a lot on screen real estate as you add more tracks. I found myself switching back and forth between the mix window and the edit window constantly. If you are working on a session with more than 4 tracks, both windows pretty much nned the whole screenfor you to work efficiently.

What about this...

Get the 12" Powerbook to keep your portability, especially while recording. Buy a 17" CRT (cheaper) monitor to plug in to while you are doing editing and misdown. You can have your faders on one screen while your edit window fills the other screen.

I think you might be able to buy that extra monitor for about the price difference between the 12" and the 15" Powerbooks. And you'll be getting a LOT more screen real estate and a LOT more convenience because of it.

I myself bought a 15" Powerbook a couple months ago and am saving up to buy an LCD monitor to add more space, the switching back and forth from mix to edit makes me nuts!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 18 Sep 2024, 10:33
- © MacMusic 1997-2008