MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Wav -> Dsp -> Components, Using DSP to take components from a .wav
tingleychris
post Sat 10 Apr 2004, 17:33
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,670

Hi,

I am developing an MLP Artifical Neural Network application (www.etingley.com/uni), but am now at the stage of using a DSP toolkit to remove certain traits (components) of a .wav file.

I am developing in C++ in XCode on Panther.

Can anyone suggest a decent toolkit to use that will easily allow me to give it a wav and extract numerical components?

Best Regards,
Chris Tingley
www.etingley.com/uni
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
tingleychris
post Wed 14 Apr 2004, 12:35
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,670

Hey,

Unfort. I only have a G3, so wont be able to use your FFTea tool angry.gif I have however, read quite a bit into FFT as it is covered as part of my university degree.

At this point (with 2 weeks left of the assignment) the emerging complexity (as I forsaw happening) is beginning to overwhelm me. I am not sure how much more I am going to be able to do.

I took a look into the audiounits/examples and they mainly appear to create signals - I have yet to come accross an example that 'loads in' an audio file.

As much as I would like to carry on - its looking like im going to have to give up and pick some stupid statistical problem to solve with my net unless anyone can suggest another audio based problem thats going to be easier to pre-process. I know genre has been done using the same net (and methods) as I am using, but again; I think that is going to require too much pre-processing of data, which I do not have the knowledge to implement or time to learn!

A pretty disheartened student,
Chris.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 4 Jul 2024, 00:32
- © MacMusic 1997-2008