MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Logic Express, Has anyone tried out this new software
TKNO1
post Fri 12 Mar 2004, 07:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,509

Has anyone got their hands on Logic Express since the announcment at Namm? Would like to know how it works on a PowerBook. Thanks biggrin.gif cool.gif cool.gif rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
torsion
post Fri 2 Apr 2004, 13:14
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,543

Go to http://www.logicuser.net/phpapps/phpBB2/index.php for a lot of helpful support from Logic users. I'm a new Logic Express user and have found this resource very useful.

Here's a summary of some of my posts there:

I can highly recommend "Apple Pro Training Series: Logic 6" by Martin Sitter & Robert Brock. As a new Logic user I would not have been able to survive without this book. The writing style is easy to understand and the information is very well organised. Although each chapter builds on knowledge gained previously in the book, passages can be read in random order if guidance on a given topic is needed. As a general reference source this book is very good.

I think one or two of the other books available are now quite old and would probably be of more benefit to people using older versions of the software. Although the above book was also written before the latest incarnations of the software ('Express' and 'Pro') were released, they are a lot newer than some of the others, and my copy of Logic Express doesn't appear to differ much from what they are describing in Apple Pro Training book.

Some tutorial files can be found here: http://www.emagicusa.com/supportfiles and I believe the one referred to in the manuals is on the Xtreme Digital Samples CD included in the Logic Express package. I haven't tried any of them, as they all appear to be for previous versions of Logic.

The Emagic Infoweb at http://atlas.emagic.de/emagic_infoweb_e/index.html , which the company likes to herald as a definitive online resource, is somewhat less than comprehensive in my opinion. There is also a lack of resources anywhere else on the web, with the exception of this site and the one mentioned above.

As an Express user, I find the way the missing "Pro" modules are constantly shoved in our faces under the plug-in menus a little insulting too. It's like they're saying "Here's what you could have if you weren't such a cheapskate!"

I still believe Logic Express is excellent software for the money, but we have been hard done by in terms of manuals and support. I've paid far less money for software in the past and been given a much better overall package.

I use Express on an ancient 400mhz G4 and thanks to the "freeze" function it is perfectly useable, if a little slow at times.

This post has been edited by torsion: Fri 2 Apr 2004, 13:14

--------------------
Powerbook 17, Edirol PCR-30, Logic Pro, Cameleon 5000, MHC Studio Set, BuzZer, Zoyd, Crystal, AU303 etc...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 14 Jul 2024, 09:52
- © MacMusic 1997-2008