MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Advice Re: Live Recording In The Amazon
omoanya
post Sun 29 Feb 2004, 02:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,207

Im going to record traditional music in southamerican amazon and am planning on taking a g4 power book.
Does any one know of:

a: battery operated hardware that i can use to get mic inputs into the power book?... i prefer to use 4-6 mics and record live multitrack
b. the most reliable software i can use

needless to say i wont be able to call tech support so it has to work!

theres a possibility ill have an a/c generator

i want the best quality as i will be releasing records from this material ,,,

any resources you can hip me to, i would appreciate,,

thanks for your help
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
rickenbacker
post Mon 1 Mar 2004, 18:17
Post #2

Maniac Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,705

The best thing you could do is read as much as possible about the 1 Giant Leap project, in particular the Sound On Sound article and interview (sometime early last year, Feb 2003?) about their global trip, in which they detail their full gear list. They recorded everywhere, on all continents, using battery packs. I also know for a fact that they took a G3 PowerBook and external hard drives to record it all with and several condenser mics.

Really, get hold of that SOS article. If you have trouble, I've got it, so I can copy and send it to you. It breaks it all down and virtually gives you a shopping list. Check out the 1 Giant Leap DVD, too - you'll see how they did it, what they had with them etc. Pretty good music, too.

One thing I remember one of the people involved saying was that what would have saved a lot of trouble is having something like the Apogee Mini-Me USB interface - excellent quality, phantom power, very tiny and light. It wasn't available when they travelled.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 21 Oct 2024, 13:44
- © MacMusic 1997-2008