MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Garage Band versus Soundtrack, Apple
_news_
post Wed 7 Jan 2004, 00:04
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Garage Band versus Soundtrack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
stellarSYNTH
post Wed 7 Jan 2004, 18:02
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,675

QUOTE (boze @ Jan 6 2004, 23:04)
This was the only real positive thing about the keynote for me. i think that GarageBand is a great offering that fills a good sized niche for folks who don't need a big scalable daw but want to do an ep or a demo either backing themselves up with virtual instruments or tracking their band.

also, AU support is a pleasant surprise.

I am also excited about this release. Like many others on this forurm, I am sure, I began with synthesizers when their connections to computers was in it's infancy. I used to have Sequential Circuits woefully under powered "Six Trac" whihc was one of the first MIDI keyboards introduced. I went on to other pieces of equipment and settled with VISION whihc alos became an anacronism. I am a MIDI hobbyist, but the announcement od GarageBand was music to my ears. I simple couldn't justify the cost of CUBASE for my humble needs.
I have ordered GargeBand and the JAMPACK. I hope to share my experiences and questions here.
I am also surprised that I could not find the Keystation 49e listed among the products at m-audio <http://www.m-audio.com>. My keyboards are aging and the small one I was planning to use with GarageBand (DX-100) does not send velocity sensitivity. I am thinking of cancelling my order of the 49e and ordering the Oxegen8. Anyone using it?

--------------------
Musique non stop...techno pop.

Dual G4/450 1 Gb RAM iBook G3/500 576 RAM
<blush>
Prophet 2000, Yamaha DX100, Oxygen-8, DSS-330, E-MU Proteus-1, E-MU DancePlanet, Yamaha DX-17, Beringer 802 Mixer, Various Support Gear :: Opcode VisionDSP 4.5.1 SoundStudio :: Amadeus II

Apple Certified Technician
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 21 Sep 2024, 22:27
- © 440 Forums 2011