MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Need Help With Recording Purchases, Need knowledge from expirienced people
albino_axe
post Fri 2 Jan 2004, 08:36
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,217

Ok, this is my first post and first time looking into buying recording gear, so obviously I do not have any experience and need some guidance. I play guitar, harmonica, and sing(I also would like to do some djembe percussion in my songs as well). I want to be able to record songs with good quality, not like studio stuff, but acceptable to put on CD as a home recorded album. I have a G4 1GHz Tibook and I bought Amadeus II which is a simple two track recording program and have been using the onboard mic in my laptop, which, frankly, really stinks. Now, I have an incredibly tight budget, and I don't know if I can really even get into recording with so tight of finances. So far I have been looking at just being creative with Amadeus so I don't have to buy a more expensive recording program. I know about the whole iMic thing, but that is lower quality then I would like. I want to be able to input more than one mic at once along with guitar etc. Here is how much knowledge I have about recording...I believe that all I need to start recording on my Tibook is some mixing software, a mixer, and mics(with instruments of course), output to the line-in on the back of my laptop. Am I way off? I was looking at a Behringer Eurorack UB1204-PRO mixer and two AKG D 8000 S mics along with my dinky Amadeus II program. Would this work? Please let me know. This has been driving me up the walls for the past week since I could find no one to talk to about setting up a home studio with an Apple laptop. And as I said about my budget, the mixer and mics I was looking at amount to only $200. That should tell you my money situation. Thank you!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
earmuffs
post Sun 4 Jan 2004, 21:40
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,003

the us-122 has worked very well for me. im new at this computer recording thing too, but i think from that you can achieve the quality that you have described with the us-122

plus it also comes with a free version cubase, but the cubase is kind of confusing to get set up (for me anyway)

try out Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net) for a free multi track sequencer app. i dig it , and it works well with my set up.

--------------------
G4 (1.25.ghz/512 MB)
OS X (10.2.8)
Tascam US-122 interface
Korg Triton Classic,
Roland T-5 drum machine,
(4) Guitars,
(1) Bass,
Pro Tools (Free)
Cubasis (Free)
Audacity (Free)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 28 Sep 2024, 22:37
- © MacMusic 1997-2008