MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Dp 3.22/iac Bus With Noise/crash, Using NI B4 or Reason with DP crashes
jamg
post Thu 13 Nov 2003, 23:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,853

I'm running DP 3.22 with Native Instruments B4 or Reason off the IAC bus. Haven't had trouble before, and now nothing but trouble. I hit play or record, and within seconds lock up.

Also, I've reinstalled both the B4, Reason, as well as OMS, (not DP), trashed preferences, etc. Is there some kind of wacky corruption within my IAC?

I can work around with Reason (exporting audio), but miss my B4.

New here, but appreciate any help
huh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
rickenbacker
post Mon 22 Dec 2003, 15:29
Post #2

Maniac Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,705

Wow, you sure jumped in off the deep end with MetaSynth. Not an easy app to get to grips with for a total newb, but pretty good from what I read. blink.gif

Anyway, isn't it OS 9 only at present? I believe there's an OS X native version due very soon - or is it out already? You can't make music in Classic mode, really. It should be pure OS 9 or OS X.

If you are running Meta in Classic, that might be the cause of some of your problems. Classic is kind of a no-man's land for many apps, especially music. I know apps like CellSynth work in Classic, but it's much better to work in a "dedicated" system, ie 10.2.6 or 9.2.2 or whatever. Classic was put there by Apple as a transitional option to migrate folk over to OS X, really, not to provide a rock-solid environment for all OS 9 apps. Dreamweaver works fine, for instance, but anything like Logic 4.8, Cubase 5 or Pro Tools LE, forget it.

Check out an OS X update for MetaSynth - there is a special feature on using it in MacUser (UK) in the current issue, which mentions an imminent OS X version. The primary, golden shining benefit of abandoning OS 9/Classic and moving to Panther full-time is that CoreMidi is integrated into OS X, so everything works much better. Well, it does for me, at any rate. cool.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 22 Oct 2024, 15:49
- © MacMusic 1997-2008