MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> How Do I Start Rocking In The Digital World?, a true beginner
Zooey
post Sun 7 Dec 2003, 20:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,539

Dear friends,

I have some experience with the Tascam portastudio world, but little else. What I am essentially looking to do is reproduce that kind of home studio fun on the computer (15" imac), with better sound quality and more tracks. But I am lost in the field of terms.

I have guitars and an old korg, which is midi capable (but is the kind of midi used in depeche mode's early career). What kinds of things do I need to couple these forms of equipment to my computer. I have heard of a Logic Big Box..If I buy this would I be ready to go? How do you get a mic into a computer? (is this is the realm of the break-out box?)

ideally the set up would have singing, guitar, keys and drum loops...

If this question is too far sub-par, please advise my as to any websites that can adequate me to the lingo of the digital age...really, it's all i can do to surf the web.

best,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
post Thu 11 Dec 2003, 08:02
Post #2

Group:
Member No.: 0

QUOTE (rickenbacker @ Dec 9 2003, 14:44)
You could try the Tascam US-122, 224 or 428 series - they're all USB devices with Midi built in. You'd have to buy recording software separately, though.

Rickenbacker: I've been trying to pick out an external USB card for my laptop and was eyeing the Tascam US-122: I noticed on the description for the item that it comes with a free copy of Cubasis VST -- which, if I'm not mistaken, is the lite version of Cubase.

Is this any good? I'm trying to avoid the hundreds-of-dollars price point of other softwares.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 22 Oct 2024, 18:30
- © MacMusic 1997-2008