MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Best Reverb Plug-in?
huwwuh
post Thu 27 Nov 2003, 17:56
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,834

Can anyone tell me where to find a decent sounding reverb plug-in for AudioDesk? I don't have DP just AudioDesk and the stuff that comes with it sucks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
rickenbacker
post Sat 29 Nov 2003, 16:06
Post #2

Maniac Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,705

Hmm, way to go jklimeck. Spending money is no guarantee of anything. To use your Altiverb analogy, that plug-in effectively does away with the need for a £9,000 Sony hardware reverb device, so there you have the proof that greater expense doesn't automatically mean greater results.

Anyway, huwwuh, on the whole this is a fine place to come for helpful, friendly advice. One route you might like to look at would be Logic (any version - Silver, Gold or Platinum). Then you could add their new Space Designer convolution reverb, which is exactly what Altiverb is and sounds amazing.

It's almost guaranteed that my mentioning Space Designer will bring a thousand Altiverb fans down on me for even breathing its name and comparing it to the majesty of Altiverb, as they really seem to have a bee in their bonnets about Emagic bringing out the exact same product, but take it from me - Space Designer is fantastic and is probably the best reverb you can buy for your needs.

You need a decent Mac to run it properly, but with Logic's freeze function you can save CPU power. Forget AudioDesk - it's only as good as bundled software can ever be. MOTU really want you to upgrade to DP4.

I know switching apps is a real pain, but IMHO the cheapest route for you - requiring mainly audio and a drop-dead-gorgeous reverb plug-in - would be Logic Audio (the cheapest version, still very powerful) and then Space Designer.

Look out for the Big Box, too, which is Logic Audio plus a load of other software instruments. That's a good deal. On the other hand, if you bought Platinum, you could simply use the bundled PlatinumVerb that comes free and is pretty darn good. Platinum is about £500. Logic Audio Big Box is around £170; Space Designer is £440.

Alternatively, DR-Verb is a nice-sounding VST reverb, but I don't think you can use that with AudioDesk. You could use it with Logic, courtesy of fxpansion's VST to AU adapter.

Umm, any questions?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 20 Oct 2024, 01:41
- © MacMusic 1997-2008