MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> LP/cassette to CDR transfer, need set-up advice
simbob
post Wed 3 Apr 2002, 19:02
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,120

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings.

I'm new to this forum, and hope that you folks can help me.

Main question: what's the best way to transfer LPs and cassettes to CDR?

Related info:

I have a Mac G4 and a QPS CD burner.

Some people have recommended that I purchase the Digidesign MBox, a new product that allows for two channels of 24-bit input into a computer (or something like that). Is this necessary, or should I (can I) just plug directly into my computer? I want a top-quality transfer, but don't want to go into overkill mode when I purchase the necessary equipment.

Thanks for any advice you can offer, and please feel free to email me directly.

--------------------
Robb (Simbobble@aol.com)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
post Thu 4 Apr 2002, 17:06
Post #2

Group:
Member No.: 0

Do you have a newer G4 that lacks a sound input port? If so, you will have to get some sort of USB, firewire, or PCI input device.

Go to www.audiomidi.com and visit the hardware section. My guess is the cheapest thing (around $75) you will find will be a USB 2 in/2 out that you can connect to the tape outputs of your amplifier. The sound quality will be excellent, I'm sure. You might find the thing cheaper somewhere else, but their website is awesome for looking at gear options.

For software, at www.download.com you might be able to find a free or cheap stereo audio recording application that could possibly have editing capabilities, which you will need. Try several of them, as some are buggy.

The Mbox is great but you don't need mic inputs, preamps, phantom power and spending $450.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 12 Oct 2024, 11:23
- © MacMusic 1997-2008