MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Buying Mac Portable To Record/burn Cds, Help finding cheepest/fastest solution
derhamm
post Wed 24 Sep 2003, 16:05
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,364

I need a laptop to record band rehearsals with my stereo mic and burn rehearsal cds for band members afterwords quickly. I noticed 24x burners on ebay for $150 that fit in Lombard or Pismo Powerbook G3s so it seems like I could buy them all for around $500. Does anyone know if this is my best solution and/or if any other lowend/earlier mac portables (ie. Wallstreet) can support internal cd burners?

This post has been edited by derhamm: Wed 24 Sep 2003, 16:08
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
derhamm
post Sat 4 Oct 2003, 15:05
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,364

Wanted to let you all know I finally found a Powerbook G3 400 (Bronze) in great condition for $400. I'm adding a Sony CRX820E-10 I bought from pcboost.com for $94 that adds internal 24x cd-r burning. (The LITEON LSC-24081 Black bezel Combo drive would work as well - for Lombard or Pismo model)

Now that I have a powerbook I'm excited about the prospects of also using it to run Native Instruments' B4 organ instrument. I'm considering purchasing Edirol's or M-Audio's 49 key usb controller keyboard and using the laptop as a tone generator on the gig. I wonder if it will support recording the gig at the sime time since I've heard NI's B4 only takes around 5% of the mac's system resources. And now that I have a Powerbook I can just use the mic-in port with my Audio Technica stereo mic along with Bias Peak.

Anyway, thanks again for all your help and advice.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 20 Oct 2024, 06:50
- © MacMusic 1997-2008