MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Which Audio Card ? Dual G4, Osx, Tascam Tm-d1000
makingmusic4him
post Fri 19 Sep 2003, 23:42
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,226

I am moving from Windows to MAC (sounds of applause in the back ground).
Have a dual G4, OSX.

No audio cards yet, just 'out of the box' machine.

Have various midi instruments.
Have TASCAM TD-M1000 that can respond to remote midi commands.

Ultimate goal would be to have DP4 or Logic 6 (I currently have Reason 2.5) working with the Tascam mixer, so that midi, live sound and samples can all be mixed together with OS X based DAW.

Any idea on what would be a good PCi audio card for this ?
DP4 or Logic or what ??

Thanks for any ideas,
Bill
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Fusion Head
post Sun 28 Sep 2003, 02:38
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,600

I just bought a G4 DP machine also, and am using Logic Gold 6. I started by using Emagic's EMI 6|2 interface (came with the package deal I bought) But it was VERY limited, and questionable audio quality.

After comparing options, I ended up just buying the new MOTU 828 MkII . This new version of this Firewire interface has up to 10 inputs and 10 outputs of audio simultaneous, including 2 microphone preamp'd inputs and 8 line level inputs, 10 line level outputs, headphone output, and MIDI in/out port, as well as some digital inputs/outputs (for connecting to DAT machine or a digital mixer, etc.) And they did not raise the price for the MkII version. Pretty darn cool!

I have tested almost everything and it works great, except the MIDI port was dropping/missing notes as Logic was playing a sequence to one of my sound modules. I found MOTU had a new driver on their website so I installed it (MAKE SURE YOU KEEP THE INTERFACE OFF WHEN YOU INSTALL THE NEW DRIVER... or you will disable the interface and have to clean all the driver/console/preference files off your hard drive and have to reinstall!) This fixed the MIDI problem fine.

I would highly recommend this new one from MOTU...dollar for dollar this is a great pack of features, and seems to work well with Logic so far....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 11 Jun 2024, 21:11
- © 440 Forums 2011