MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Buying Mac Portable To Record/burn Cds, Help finding cheepest/fastest solution
derhamm
post Wed 24 Sep 2003, 16:05
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,364

I need a laptop to record band rehearsals with my stereo mic and burn rehearsal cds for band members afterwords quickly. I noticed 24x burners on ebay for $150 that fit in Lombard or Pismo Powerbook G3s so it seems like I could buy them all for around $500. Does anyone know if this is my best solution and/or if any other lowend/earlier mac portables (ie. Wallstreet) can support internal cd burners?

This post has been edited by derhamm: Wed 24 Sep 2003, 16:08
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
derhamm
post Wed 24 Sep 2003, 17:24
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,364

Wow, thanks for all the info! I thought Lombard and Pismo (Bronze) machines have audio in jacks? The following links mention it anyway:

(Lombard) http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=58341
(Pismo) http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=58593

Regarding USB, how fast can USB1 devices transfer data? I ask because I want to burn cds at least 24x. My Toast software says I need at least 4MB per sec data transfer and I think to remember that USB1, found on older powerbooks, isn't that fast. That's why I was leaning towards an internal cd-burner, not to mention the simplicity of having an all in one audio recording/cd burning machine.

I also thought about getting a used ibook but again I wasn't sure about data transfer speed of it's usb and firewire ports. Only the new portable macs come with combo drives that are 24x cdr burners.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 20 Oct 2024, 04:54
- © MacMusic 1997-2008