MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Basic Software/Hardware Needs for Mac recording studio?, Need advice on cheap alternative for home recording
post Sun 31 Mar 2002, 07:46
Post #1

Group:
Member No.: 0

I have Adobe Premiere editing software and I want to utilize my instruments(Midi keyboard), Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Tascam 4-track, and Zoom effects processer(Midi Outlet), and microphone. My goal is to record original music and then use it in Premiere as a soundtrack. I also have a G4 Power Mac.
  What are the cheapest, most basic, and essential needs for such a poor artist(Software, Hardware, Etc...) to record on his computer? Any advice is good advice! Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
woottoon
post Fri 5 Apr 2002, 13:00
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,146

galvin - I have exactly the same situation as you - premier, guitars, midi needs, films, soundtrack, the lot. However, in all my previous forays into recording I've met with crashes, freezes etc, on cubase and reason. I want a good soundcard that doesn't cost a £1000 to input sound (the digi design 001 sounds good but costs). I've read that the Maudio 2496 (under £200) is great for windows but rubbish for MAC. If there's anyone out there that has got round the basic problems then this card (as it's got midi in) may do it - anyone out there cracked the problems ? If not - which card is  the one ??????

--------------------
vid/audio
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 12 Oct 2024, 09:29
- © MacMusic 1997-2008