MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Mic It Or Plug It? Grr.
Salsashark
post Thu 31 Jul 2003, 00:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,219

So yeah. What do you guys say? I'm recording in my tiny room. Should I record using mics, and if so, what should I be looking for? Or.... do you guys know of any good, cheap (ish) interfaces so I plug in and record. Do not have money for digi 001 so yeah something below that. I have an iBook. Any help is good. Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
rickenbacker
post Fri 1 Aug 2003, 11:01
Post #2

Maniac Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,705

Most audio interfaces now feature some form of direct monitoring feature to counteract the latency issue, so you should be able to find something to suit your budget. I was messing about with a Tascam US-122 USB interface yesterday - pretty good sound, very cheap solution for what it offers (including phantom power and MIDI I/O). Or how about a second-hand MOTU 828 (original version). Very nice preamps and FireWire, too.

For recording guitars, it's true that you can't beat an SM57 shoved up against the grille of a hot valve amp, but I also use a Marshall DP1 I think it is from time to time - it's a mini preamp the size of an FX pedal. It came out a few years before the whole Pod revolution and I think it died a death sales-wise, but it's got a cool sound if I want to record a Marshall stack simulation without annoying the neighbours. I see no reason why a new Pod won't do just as good a job. I've got a Bass Pod and it's great.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 20 Oct 2024, 13:37
- © MacMusic 1997-2008