MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Os X, Dp4, Midi & Patch Lists, MIDI Patch lists and OS X
TiguerSound
post Mon 7 Jul 2003, 21:26
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,920

Newbie to this forum.
I'm running DP 4 ond OS X 10.2.6.
Let me preface this - all my MIDI devices are working just fine with one problem.
This may be a stupid question.
When I set up my MIDI environment in OS X Audio/Midi set up, I descibe my equipment, cables etc. etc.
When in DP4, I have no option to choose or change patches on any MIDI device. Since there were no pre-defined units to choose from in Audio/MIDI set up, I'm assumming there is no patch list information anywhere. I would think that I would at least get a defaualt Patch 1, Patch 2 etc. drop down list in DP4 when I click either the patch colum or the default patch column in the sequence window. The clicks do not do anything. I have no option to choose anything. The only thing I can do is select the device and MIDI channel, and then manually dial up the sound from the front panel of my MIDI device - major step backwards.
1. Is there a place to define my patches?
2. Why am I not seeing a drop down list of default (patch 1, patch 2 etc.) pathces for any instrument?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
fugu
post Thu 31 Jul 2003, 17:58
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,142

hi,

the problem with TextEdit uses rtf as it's default save format. another (plain) text editor like BBEdit or any of the CLI apps (emacs/vim/ed etc) will save the file just fine.

Also there's a little app called Cherry Picker that will wrap a nice little GUI around the .midinam files.

And finally once you've created a .midinam file for your devices (here's the 'give back to the community part: make factory default namelists for every device you have) there's more then one site (search here and osxaudio.com and unicornation.com for links) that is offering storage for default .midinam files.. That way everyone only has to do it once and nobody is stuck with a reinvented wheel..

hope this helps

fugu
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 1 Jun 2024, 17:32
- © MacMusic 1997-2008