MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Mic It Or Plug It? Grr.
Salsashark
post Thu 31 Jul 2003, 00:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,219

So yeah. What do you guys say? I'm recording in my tiny room. Should I record using mics, and if so, what should I be looking for? Or.... do you guys know of any good, cheap (ish) interfaces so I plug in and record. Do not have money for digi 001 so yeah something below that. I have an iBook. Any help is good. Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
xingu
post Thu 31 Jul 2003, 01:35
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,217

You're gonna need a bigger boat! (Sorry, just my little ode to your ID)

You say digi001 is too much - what exactly is your budget? I'd say MBox (comes with ProTools LE software), which is somewhere around $500 but that might be more than what you want to spend. Need more info... (what's going along with this guitar music? additional live instruments or drum machines and virtual synths? how many tracks do you need? OSX or OS9? etc. etc. etc.)

As for how to record, that's a little out of my league, but my limited knowledge will say mics if your neighbors will put up with the noise and if not, consider going direct through a Line6 POD or Behringer's cheaper (and from what I read, generally respectable) V-Amp. Of course, those are more money, so again, what's your budget?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 20 Oct 2024, 08:48
- © MacMusic 1997-2008