MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Software Advice, Mac G4 Dual 1.25 OS X
martyn
post Wed 23 Jul 2003, 13:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,768

Could any one please recommend a good software choice for me, I play the guitar (Strat) and would like to lay down rhythm, bass and drum tracks so that i sound a bit near the mark. I have been told that Cubase SX is OK then another “expert?” in London’s Music street (Charing Cross Rd) recommended Logic, the info I get is ambiguous and conflicting. Many thanks in anticipation blink.gif

--------------------
Martyn
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
c.frederik
post Fri 25 Jul 2003, 08:12
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,952

I was reading the discussion very carefully because I'am considering for a while what to buy (and why) for my very knew Powerbook G4 and OS also very new for me. I consulted several people and I made a conclusion of all the in's and out's.
So far this is what I was adviced for my Powerbook G4 / OS 10.2.6. and my gitar;

Software; 1) Logic, 2) Cubase SL/SX 3) ProTools LE
About ProTools they told me, that working with midi is not very convenient
About the harware side; 1) Roland UA20, Aardvark USB3, MBox,

Now I can't make a choise so easy, because the MBox is to me a good looking piece and fine in line beside the Powerbook (just emotional ) but it do not have a midi in/out and my Powerbook has just two USB ports (powered). How can I hear then my midi sound. Is ProTool there with a good virtual synth? And if so is there latency? Can I load and make hearable every midi file?? Can I add (just like Sonar and Cakewalk) text en chord diagrams to it?
What I primary need for midi is just making a bass line, drums and that kind of simpel stuff, translate it to audio and thats about all with midi.
I'm also retiered and play fingerpicking on my gitar for almost my life (not very good but fanatic....)

Looking forward for your advices!!
Thanks, Kees
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 21 Oct 2024, 03:05
- © MacMusic 1997-2008