MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Digi002 Rack Vs 828mkii
ioojimooi
post Sun 29 Jun 2003, 18:54
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,389

In terms of audio quality and scalability, does anyone has any idea on which one is more preferable?

Thx thx thx..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
jim_h
post Fri 4 Jul 2003, 14:51
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,714

another issue between PT LE and DP is that DP 3 and above can do surround mixing and the only ProTools systems that can do surround are the TDM and HD. Its possible to run a multiple channel mix in PT LE but the panners in the mixer are still all just 2-channel, stereo. This means you can pan from L to R or Ls to Rs, but you can't pan from L to Ls (front to back or anywhere in between).

In DP 3 and I assume 4, you have panners that look like a joystick and allow you to pan a mono or stereo track anywhere for true surround panning (including automation). Also, DP has the built in sends and plug-ins necessary to create a real .1 LFE (subwoofer) channel. To do that in PT LE, you'd have to set up your own send/aux and put a low pass filter on it manually.

I'm very much into surround (and with the new Alesis 5.1 speaker system, it isn't that expensive to get into it) so even though I essentially like the PT interface better, DP is the only way for me to go. The cost of even a used TDM system with enough DSP power to do surround with plugins is still over $5,000.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 19 Oct 2024, 21:10
- © MacMusic 1997-2008