MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Digi002 Rack Vs 828mkii
ioojimooi
post Sun 29 Jun 2003, 18:54
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,389

In terms of audio quality and scalability, does anyone has any idea on which one is more preferable?

Thx thx thx..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Saurabh Sethi
post Thu 3 Jul 2003, 12:59
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,894

Both programs are capable of the same stuff. Although ProTools Le has soem Limitiations on number of Audio tracks, but I doubt that is a problem for most.. i have seen some Protools HD users use DP4 and other prorgrams besides Protools as thier main DAW, so it is a matter of preference.. I tend to find the prices of Motu hardware and software much more to my liking. I am not saying its cheap, but just more resonable... The 2408mk3 is another greatchoice, but it has no mic pre amps, so you'll need a mixer to use some mics.. Also, the 2408mk3 is PCI based, so not useful when on the go... Unless you get the 896, that has 8 beautiful mic preamps (Neutrik connctions), that have indiviudal Phantom power, and gain controls, You will need a small mixer to Mic more than 2 instruments at once.. If 2 MIcs is all u need , then you have no problems, and the 828mk2 would be my choice..So. to boil it down, you need to ask yoursself, how many Mcs will I be recording with at once, and do I need to take this system on the road..
BTW, Are ou really going to use the 24bit 96khz to record your music? If not u can get great tdeals on the old models that are 24 bit 48khz.. i am talking 50-70%off!!!! You can buy a couple of great mics with the money you save, or whatever else you wanted..Come to think of it, The new G5's have 24bit , 192Khz capable sound cards built in. You get an older Motu, then use the MOTUs optical outputs into the G5's opitcial input, and record at 192 Khz if you want, and save hell of a lot of cash!!!
Good Luck, I know its getting confusing, the more I write, the more idea's i come up with..
I guess I would buy an older Motu audio interface, saving half the money i would spend on a new one. Then use the optical output into a new G5's optical input if iwas ever going to record above 48khz (which I doubt i will for at least a few more years)..

--------------------
Saurabh Sethi
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 19 Oct 2024, 20:59
- © MacMusic 1997-2008