MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> M-box, inquires
lbdonp
post Wed 21 May 2003, 08:02
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,867

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anybody had info on the m-box, I have a G4 powermac with 5 slots, 533 mhz.,sdram 128 mb, L2 cache 1mb, and running on OS X 10.2.6 (and a 15" studio display monitor, is it too small?) and looking for a soundcard for mpc and turntable stuff, with mic and instrument connections, and something to fit my budget around 500-600. The M-box seem's interesting, so does working with PT. How does the USB connection hold up? and do I need to get a pair of studio monitor speakers for that? I'm not limiting it to m-box alone, any info would be greatly appreciated. I also had an offer for a roland VM3100pro but not sure if it's supported by OS X, and rolands sound quality? unsure.gif thanx..

This post has been edited by lbdonp: Wed 21 May 2003, 08:19
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
pesji
post Fri 13 Jun 2003, 08:53
Post #2

Maniac Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,371

To get a good overwiew just read the Digidesign article
http://www.digidesign.com/diginews/2003/5-...3/tech_tip.html

I'm afraid that you will have a hard time with so little RAM, another thing to consider is the type of OS you want to run if you want to go to OSX I think a 400mHz will probably be a bit short in CPU ressource.
Don't forget to dowmload the update 6.0.1 if you dont receive it with the package

For me the mBox connection with USB is fine (you have to get a real USB slot and not connected to a hub!)

Sometimes you get error message but most of the time it's running smoothly

Pesji cool.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 20 Oct 2024, 09:04
- © MacMusic 1997-2008