MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> 600mhz Ibook, what can I expect from one?
ottoasamotto
post Tue 3 Jun 2003, 21:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,182

I am looking at laptops to bring stuff to rehersals. I am really not impressed by the cheasy PC notebooks out there. The hardware can be a joke.

I had an iMac 33mhz and was always struggling with how slow it was. So I'm kinda worried about stepping into the sub-gig world of processors. But am hoping OSX makes up for it.

I plan on using Ableton modestly, as well as some sort of replacment for Fruity Loops to assemble loops.

What can I expect in terms of preformance?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
squibcake
post Thu 12 Jun 2003, 03:06
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,683

congrats on the ibook...but i wanted to remind you about the ability to daisychain firewire devices before you settle on a usb box just to free up your firewire port...the new 828 that is coming out has two firewire ports so it can go anywhere in a chain of firewire devices, and the old ones can function in a chain as long as they are the first device in the chain.

any advice on running reason effectively on an ibook would be greatly appreciated. granted, simple operations work fine but i wanna really start getting crazy with that new reverb unit and vocorder!

Viva the ibook (i'm writing this from it)...i guess. let's restore my faith in it one post at a time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 21 Oct 2024, 22:13
- © MacMusic 1997-2008