MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> HELP! My monitors are panning to the right, Newbie Needs Help with Monitor Panning
kelitupu
post Mon 10 Dec 2001, 17:59
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,418

Okay, here's the situation...my parents went away for a week's vacation, and I got the keys to the brand new Porsche....oops, sorry, that's a song by the Fresh Prince.

Anyhow, I'm a Logic Platinum user, and ALL my MIDI tracks are coming out on my monitors panned to the right. I've got the panning in Logic set to the default right down the middle (at 64 in the parameter box to the left), so I don't think it's a software problem. I know the cables are working fine, because my audio (coming out of a Delta 44) are working right (the panning is right down the middle), and the cables I'm running from my mixer's main outs to the monitors are brand new.

Here's the weird thing: When I swap the monitor outs on the mixer, the MIDI tracks start coming out of my left monitor, but the equalizer on my mixer still shows the signal being played on the right side.

So, to recap:

1) I know the cables are fine.

2) I know the monitors are fine.

3) When I swap the monitor outs on the mixer, the sound is then panned mostly to the left monitor (instead of the right monitor), but the signal on my equalizer shows the signal is still strongest on the right side (in other words, the mixer is playing it loudest on the left side, but still registers the right channel as being the loudest.)

On my mixer, I'm pressing the PFL/Solo button when playing back.

I'm definitely still a newbie to this home studio setup thing, so any comments and input are desperately sought.

Thanks in advance for your help people.

Gary
kelitupu@yahoo.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 11 Oct 2024, 23:19
- © MacMusic 1997-2008