MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Buying A Mac Second Hand, Want a bit of help looking for a Mac
adolf500x
post Mon 2 Jun 2003, 04:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,345

Hi there
Looking for a second hand mac and was wondering if anyone could give me some idea of what i could expect for £1000? Also What does duel 1gz mean.Does that mean two 500 processor to make 1gz or there is two 1gz processors in the machine to make a 2gz machine?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
benny_ill
post Thu 5 Jun 2003, 11:50
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,660

i got the kit. its ok. cathode, "high end ball bearing fans"? the 120mm fan that you got as replacement is the best out there. Papst fans are the quietest aroud. if you do find a quieter one lemme know! know what you mean though - the rumbling can get on your nerves. and if you intend to use OS9 like i do, be prepared to either shell out on the bose noise cancelling headphones or turn the amp way the fuck UP, as the fan speed regulation under OS9 is a joke - fan speed is up and down, up and down all the time, so you can never ignore it. im seriously considering shelling out for the Verax kit, but $109 for two 60mm fans??? apple peeps always have to shell out more...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 19 Oct 2024, 12:30
- © MacMusic 1997-2008