MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Motu 828 Tips, why is mine sucking?
mook noodler
post Thu 24 Apr 2003, 05:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,040

Okay, so here's the scoop: Just got DP4 and an 828. I'm running them on a dual 1.25 g4 Power Mac (FW800, OS X only), 10.2.5, 768MB RAM, 120GB LaCie FW drive. When I'm just doing midi sequencing (midiman 4x4) everything is perfect. It starts to suck when I try to record audio while the midi tracks are playing. I can't record more than 1 minute of audio before it stutters DURING the recording, even if it's just one track. The CPU monitor and the Performance monitor say everything is fine; I'm not anywhere close to overloading the Mac. Am I missing something? I've tried all kinds of different buffer settings.

something else that bothers me about it: If I'm playing back midi tracks through inputs 3-4, I can't listen to myself play guitar on inputs 1-2, even if I select "audio thru". What is the point of 8 inputs if I can only listen to a pair at a time???

Maybe I just have a bad unit. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
krisg
post Wed 7 May 2003, 07:36
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 268

The PCI-console could come in VERY handy in case you can't hear yourself. It worked very well under DP 3 at least...

--------------------
When you understand disorder, out of that understanding comes order-JK.
http://www.audioplanet.fr
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 21 Oct 2024, 07:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008