MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Any Thoughts on Digital Performer, Considering Digital Performer. Any comments?
FlixKid
post Wed 19 Sep 2001, 00:08
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,801

I am considering getting into a non-linear digital audio editing environment. The sales person that I spoke with recommended Digital Performer from MOTU as a top recommendation. He made this recommendation despite the fact that he uses Cubase. His Mac is too old to run DP 3, so he has to make do with his Win machine. One of our main concerns is that the software will be very good for video production. He said that in his experience it was very good. He did not recommend ProTools, because he personally doesn't like the proprietary aspect of it. Anyway, that's neither here nor there. If you own DP (especially if it's version 3) could you let me know what you like or don't like.

I will be running it on a G4 tower with 700MB of RAM. What monitor size would you recommend. I am considering a 17'.

Thanks in advanced for the insights.

--------------------
FlixKid
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
slowjam
post Fri 21 Sep 2001, 17:54
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,815

DP and (or) Pro Tools are the only Systems on the market where U can make a clear cut (in Audio Sample window), without moving the rest of the file to the beginning cut point. Cubase and Logic do so (in Sample edit window)
So if U have to cut a lot sample exact in Audio, without getting crazy - use DP - it's great.
I wonder why this important point never is mentioned by these so called 'pro's' in all these forums. Seems they spend more time on reading BB's, than on working with music.
Greetings, peejay
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 22 Oct 2024, 18:36
- © MacMusic 1997-2008