MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Motu 828 Tips, why is mine sucking?
mook noodler
post Thu 24 Apr 2003, 05:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,040

Okay, so here's the scoop: Just got DP4 and an 828. I'm running them on a dual 1.25 g4 Power Mac (FW800, OS X only), 10.2.5, 768MB RAM, 120GB LaCie FW drive. When I'm just doing midi sequencing (midiman 4x4) everything is perfect. It starts to suck when I try to record audio while the midi tracks are playing. I can't record more than 1 minute of audio before it stutters DURING the recording, even if it's just one track. The CPU monitor and the Performance monitor say everything is fine; I'm not anywhere close to overloading the Mac. Am I missing something? I've tried all kinds of different buffer settings.

something else that bothers me about it: If I'm playing back midi tracks through inputs 3-4, I can't listen to myself play guitar on inputs 1-2, even if I select "audio thru". What is the point of 8 inputs if I can only listen to a pair at a time???

Maybe I just have a bad unit. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mook noodler
post Sat 26 Apr 2003, 19:14
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,040

Not using any kind of clock sync. The 828 is on its own firewire INPUT, but I do have a firewire drive on the other input. Not sure if they share the same bus or not though??? I'll try detaching the drive and see what happens. Thanks, lepetitmartien!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 22 Oct 2024, 00:49
- © MacMusic 1997-2008