MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Any Problems W/ Osx And Cubase?, Recommendations for a mac user
rextrade
post Tue 22 Apr 2003, 00:23
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,367

First, thanks to all who chimed in on the logic big box v. cubase SL.
After doing a lot more research, I'm trying to decide between logic 6 Gold and Cubase SX. I tried cubase on a pc and liked it, but from looking at the Steinberg forum, there seems to be a lot of problems w/ OSX and Cubase SX, but it's always hard to tell if the people claiming that are just a vocal minority, using a cracked copy etc. I'd be interested in hearing if people think that Cubase SX works well with Mac, or, if it is excpetionally buggy and I should stick to an Apple-owend product, or DP 4. Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
jmax
post Tue 22 Apr 2003, 06:14
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,809

I'm using SX with a M-Audio Delta 66 on a 350mhz AGP Graphics G4 and I'm quite happy with it. I still switch over to OS 9 every so often to use Cubase 5.2, simply because there are plug-ins there that I want to use, but as soon as Pluggo comes out in an OS X version, I probably won't do that anymore.

I've been using Cubase for 12 years now, so that's one reason that I stick to it, but I really like it, and I'm happy with SX. As a matter of fact, I really like the VST Dynamics plug-in for mastering. It has a really nice feature called 'soft clip'. I know it sounds crazy, but I like it more than the Waves mastering stuff that I used to use under OS 9.

I think manexmachina's 'huge generalizations' are spot on. I'd just like to add that self-taught rock musicians tend to use Cubase and Pro Tools tends to be the favorite of ex club DJs.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 21 Oct 2024, 22:08
- © MacMusic 1997-2008