MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Os9/x Dual Boot Set Up
jimmynitcher
post Mon 14 Apr 2003, 11:25
Post #1

Group: Validating
Member No.: 5,004

If I want to run both OS's do I partition a drive,install OSX into the partition and then use it as a second start up disk?
I'm using a Quicksilver G4 733 - does my firmware need upgrading?
thanks in adv
j

--------------------
Macbook Pro 2 ghz/15"/10.3.4/1 g RAM/x2 monitors/Logic Pro 7.2/Ableton Live 5.0/Reason 3/Fireface 800/PSP Vintage Warmer/Roland JD800/Roland SH101/Arturia Moog Modular/Epiphone Firebird 7/Guitar Rig/Dynaudio BM5a monitors.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
lepetitmartien
post Mon 14 Apr 2003, 16:33
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

I think it has been covered already but here we go again…

While installing, install twice OS9, one with OSX (same partition if you want) to be used as classic. The other on a different partition (remove the files in the system called classic blahblah there are 3 files). Use this seconf non-classic as the "real" 9 system for dual boot.

On firmware it should be said on the read-me files coming with OSX, or check on Apple site. Sorry I don't know unsure.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 22 Oct 2024, 06:57
- © MacMusic 1997-2008