MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Getting Started No Experience, Want to get up and running
addsup
post Wed 9 Apr 2003, 14:21
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,821

Have read a number of web sites and really am non the wiser.

Will keep it short as I know I hate reading long forum text.

Equipment : iMac G3 500 Mhz 512 RAM slot loading running OS X.2.3 & Powerbook G4 800Mhz 512Ram running OS X.2.3

Experience : Fair Keybord player ; Serious Amateur Jazz Trombonist.

Want to : Compose and Play back Big Band Jazz (20 Voices) in such a way that it sound something like the real thing, with the ability to print the individual insturment scores off for players to read.

Have Tried : Demo of Sibelius - sound output was pants ! Was told by Sibelius that I needed some means of improving on the standard Mac sounds"

Confused by : Sequencers, Samplers, Midi Interfaces etc.

Please can anyone point me in the right direction without using any jargon (or at least explain what the jargon means and what I should be trying to aim for.) I am looking for value for money and something that will expand as I improve.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
dixiechicken
post Fri 11 Apr 2003, 19:49
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Team
Member No.: 14,645

Addsup!

To me it doesnt sound like you need a sequencer/audio package. Digtal performer has a fairly good quick-scribe function if you're prepared to pay money for a good and expensive program.

Quick-scribe means playing music on your midi-keyboard through a
midi-interface into your computer program (DP).
The DP3/DP4 will capture this an try to interpret every nuance of your performance to sheet music and a midi-piano-roll.

However be aware that this is a guess on the part of program, the result is not guaranteed, to meet your particular intentions for an interpretation.

If you just want to listen to what you have composed in Sibelius/Finale/Encore or other notation program.
Plug a god pair of headphones into headphones out of Proteus 2000/Kurzweil 2000 - or what ever sound module you decided to buy.

Play your composition in Finale/Sibelius through your computer-->midiinteface-->headphones. You have to tell Sibeloius what instruments to play on wich staf.

Cheers: Dixiechicken

--------------------
==================
Oh my god it's full of stars…
---------------------------------------------------
Mac-G5-2x.2.0, OS-X 10.5.1, 250/200Gb HD - 7.0Gb ram
DP-5.13, Motu 828 MK-II, MTP AV Usb, ltst drvs,
Kurzweil-2000, EPS-16, Proteus-2000, Yamaha 01V
Emes Kobalt monitors
================================
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 23 Oct 2024, 01:35
- © MacMusic 1997-2008