MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Help With Osx 10.2.4 And Midi Set-up, Can't set up MIDI keyboard with software
parente
post Mon 7 Apr 2003, 09:17
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,874

It's been 3 years since I've set-up my music software and it seems like 100. The fog is starting to clear a little... but not much.

I recently bought a Mac G4 1Gh, 768 ram running OS 10.2.4 to compose and record more of my own material which I used to use a tangerine iMac for. I spent the day (all day) trying to use a FastLane USB interface with my Casio CTK-540 MIDI keyboard along with Bitheadz Unity DS-1 2.1 sampler software. I've used all of this equipment and software before. I'm not new to a Mac, but am new to Mac OSX and no matter what I try, I can't get this system work.

I tried downloading from MOTU's website the most recent FastLane drivers for both OS9 and OSX and installed both of them. If I start up Audio MIDI from OSX, it sees the Fastlane but not Unity DS-1. If I start-up OS9 and open FreeMidi, it sees Unity DS-1 but not FastLane. I tried loading Performer 6 and the installer program gave me an error screen saying it couldn't find the CD.

I downloaded Pro Tools Free and Musy software hoping to make some progress and see what current sequencing software was like. Along with these downloads came OMS, which I installed to see if it would help make the MIDI connections. Nothing seems to work.

I can start-up Unity DS1 by itself and access the sound banks directly using the onscreen virtual keyboard, but that's about it. Can anyone tell if I'm doing something wrong, or do I need to buy all new eqipment and software? This is really frustrating blink.gif

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Steve
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 22 Oct 2024, 02:40
- © MacMusic 1997-2008