MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> More Essentials
nicoc79
post Thu 27 Mar 2003, 07:14
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,041

Hi everyone,
You guys must be getting sick of these kind of posts but I can tell you they are much appreciated. I have recently purchased a g3 imac running OSX. Great machine, so i thought I might delve into the world of computer music. I love everything from rock to dance, rap etc, and was wondering what kind of set up you would recommend. I really like the look of reason 2.0/Oxygen 8 package on Audiomidi.com. These are the kind of abilities I want
*record, mix and master audio(guitar, bass,vocals etc.) *remix small looped samples in Reason(possible?), because I also do a bit of dj work and want to use bits of my favourite songs
*Integrate Reason grooves w/ audio * Burn completed material. I realise that my mac isn't the most powerful, but I don't want to buy another. I am willing however to buy quality products to get started. I was thinking maybe the REASON pack and the Logic BIG BOX pack. I was looking at the MBOX but was told my Mac couldn't cope! I dont want to spend a lot of money and be disappointed so tell me anything I might need to make music of the highest quality( I learn quick!!! rolleyes.gif )
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
xingu
post Thu 27 Mar 2003, 16:03
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,217

Hi nicoc79,
I run a very similar setup as what you're describing: Reason & Logic Big Box under OSX on a g4 iMac, and it works like a charm. I have a couple old hardware synths, so I didn't need the Oxygen8. Those packages sound pretty cool, but instead of the Oxygen8, you might want to look at the Ozone, which combines the Oxygen8 with an audio interface, including line and XLR inputs (with phantom power). I'd guess you already have by the title of this thread, but take another read through this post, which covers much of what you need to know. Another option instead of Logic is Ableton's Live, which I've heard integrates with Reason very well (via Rewire 2) and is dj-friendly.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 21 Oct 2024, 03:14
- © MacMusic 1997-2008