MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> I Need Help Bad!, OMS Doesn't detect my Quattro!
I SEE ON
post Fri 21 Mar 2003, 17:19
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,778

sad.gif I GOT THE AUDIO SPORT QUATTRO (MAC) FROM A FREIND WHO DIDDNT HAVE THE SOFTWARE SO I DOWNLOADED THE DRIVERS AFTER I GOT THE DRIVERS "OMS" STILL WILL NOT DETECT THE QUATTRO AS A MIDI DEVICE IM TRYING TO MIDI MY KEYBOARD A PC300 INTO THE QUATTRO SO I CAN USE IT TO CONTROLL REASON 2.0 IF ANYONE OUT THERE CAN GIVE ME SUM ADVICE OR A SOLUTION MAYBE I WONT KILL MYSELF laugh.gif just playin ! BUT YEA PLEASE GET BACK TO ME IF U CAN HELP ! AND ALSO I GET THE AUDIO TO WORK FINE ON THE QUATTRO ITS JUST THE MIDI IS NOT REACTING AT ALL
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
olo23
post Fri 21 Mar 2003, 20:43
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,988

in addition to releasing the caps lock, you may wish to also learn how to use english propperly, as opposed to the way Prince has promoted it's use through the last 20 years... Just a snarky remark before i lay into the issue at hand;

I eventually gave up on the quattro and got an EMI 2|6 which immediately removed the crashing on both OS9 and OSX in Reason, Nuendo, and Live, so I'm pretty confident now that the quattro was the main problem.

That said, the drivers for the device don't include the MIDI side of things, I know one would think that a company making a combo audio/midi device would write a driver for just such a thing but... You have to go back to the m-audio site and do a search for generic midi drivers, i can't remember exactly which one, but i think it was the same as the Uno or 1X1 midi interfaces.

Once you have both the quattro AND the midi driver installed the quattro will work as advertised, until it freezes your audio in a loop and takes down your system ;-)

Anyone else giving up on the quattro may find it tricky to uninstall the drivers from OSX, in fact i couldn't figure out a way to do it without booting into OS9 and removing the files listed in the OSX installation recipt. m-audio's installer has no uninstall option (at least not when i was using it)

--------------------
--
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Mon 21 Oct 2024, 12:32
- © MacMusic 1997-2008