MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> "live"recording Usage Of, For Example, Reason 2, maybe i´m going about this the wrong way
skogge
post Sat 25 Jan 2003, 23:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,412

Hi guys, and girls if there are any ;-)

Need some help here. I´m not a midi guy, i´m a songwriter in the lo-fi, indierockfield that switched the Tascam for 450MP, also used for graphic design. OS is Jaguar.
I use the computer like I would the Tascam, recording old organs and guitarsounds channel by channel. The first thing I record is a basic drumtrack from an external drummachine just for tempo. Since I don´t have a sampler and no real piano (just a wurlitzer, my neighbours would n o t enjoy a real piano...), I´ve been looking into the softsynth alternatives and I found Reason 2. I love the woodwinds, the strings and pianosamples! It´s perfekt for my arranging/recording needs (until someone gives me money to go in to an all analogue studio ;-)
But how do I get those sounds recorded into the audioprogram (for the moment Deck 3.5, another soon to come option is digi001)? My current setup is the G4 450MP running OSX Jaguar, M-audio Audiophile 2496 and Bias Deck 3.5. I´m trying out Reason as earlier stated. Any suggestions? Maybe i´m missing out on possibilities here, stuck as I am in old habits and ways of doing things.

Regards

/skogge
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
skogge
post Sun 26 Jan 2003, 10:14
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,412

Thanks for your kind reply Gorillacake, but it was not the answer I was hoping for. I don´t want to add guitar and stuff to my Reasontrack, I want to add Reasonsounds to songs made in Deck, hopefully by just playing the synth and somehow routing that sound to audio in in Deck. It seems perfektly logic to me; you have a (soft)synth, the you shold be able to play it and record the sound it makes. That seems like the first thing a software synthesizer should be able to do. Or...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 27 Sep 2024, 18:20
- © MacMusic 1997-2008