MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Motu 828 Or Ezbus?, looking for a 4 input option
mikehoff
post Sat 4 Jan 2003, 18:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,486

hi. reading lots of great feedback on the MOTU 828. However - I am really only in need of 4 audio inputs.

the ezbus looks inviting - but only 2 channel input via USB. i am in need of 4 simultainious.

So - the 828 is more than i need - the EZBus is less - anythign inbetween that i am missing?

if only there was a 4 input version of the EZBus. i'd love to have that control surface.

thanks in advance~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
BusError
post Wed 22 Jan 2003, 09:19
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,795

QUOTE (mikehoff @ Jan 21 2003, 21:27)
then i'd have 2 channels of USB and 2 channels of digital from the EZBus.

i know it is theoretically possible - but any thoughts on it actually working? the concern being having 4 channels in over USB. it is trickery i know~ but maybe worth a try?

You would have to have the two devices on two separate ports ont he eMac to make sure both are on separate controlers.
2 USB channels at 48kHz/24 bits already saturate the USB bandwidth, so 4 is improbable.

Your solution also would create latency problems : you could very well end up with a different latency on botht the devices, making playback "challenging"
Also, you would not have the possibility to "bond" the channels together as far as the applications are concerned, so only application that can explicitely handle mutliple cards would work.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Welcome Guest
Contribute
Lo-Fi Version - Sat 28 Sep 2024, 19:47
- © PcMusic 1997-2007