MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Motu 828 Or Ezbus?, looking for a 4 input option
mikehoff
post Sat 4 Jan 2003, 18:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,486

hi. reading lots of great feedback on the MOTU 828. However - I am really only in need of 4 audio inputs.

the ezbus looks inviting - but only 2 channel input via USB. i am in need of 4 simultainious.

So - the 828 is more than i need - the EZBus is less - anythign inbetween that i am missing?

if only there was a 4 input version of the EZBus. i'd love to have that control surface.

thanks in advance~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Levon River
post Sun 5 Jan 2003, 04:14
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,734

The EZBus has a lot more input capabilities than just the two audio channels available over USB. Here's the full scoop from their FAQ:

======FAQ EXCERPT======

Q. How many channels of audio can I get on my EZbus using USB? With S/PDIF? With ADAT Optical? in conjunction with the EZ8?

A. Here are the capabilities for each of the above:

The EZbus USB interface supports simultaneous record/playback of two channels of 24-bit/48kHz audio.

The EZbus coaxial S/PDIF input supports two channels of 24-bit/96kHz audio. Each coaxial S/PDIF output supports two channels of 24-bit/96kHz audio (Total: Two-in /four out).

The EZbus optical S/PDIF input supports two channels of 24-bit/96kHz audio. Optical S/PDIF output is not supported.

The EZbus ADAT Optical I/O supports simultaneous record/playback of eight channels of 24-bit/48kHz audio

The EZ8 Optical Interface supports simultaneous record/playback of eight channels of 24-bit/48kHz audio or four channels of 24-bit/96kHz audio via SMUX operation (requires SMUX-compatible device).

=====FAQ EXCERPT/=======

To access the EZBus digital capabilities for computer recording, you'll need a PCI card that has ADAT and/or S/PDIF connectors. I haven't gotten one yet, but recently saw MAudio's Delta DIO 2496 on sale for $149 and change at audiomidi.com. Of course, Event has its own digital I/O card--the EZ8--which also sells for around $150, but there are no Mac drivers for it yet. (Buserror, one of the moderators here, was working on a driver for it a month or so back, but I haven't heard any more about it.)

With the current $100 rebate available for the EZBus, you could buy it and a digital I/O PCI card, and still come out spending less than you probably would for the 828. (And of course with the 828, they don't throw in a digital mixer, control surface, or two MIDI I/Os.) smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 23 Oct 2024, 00:15
- © MacMusic 1997-2008