MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Machine Speed And Ram, How much is enough?/Best?
charlieb
post Tue 24 Dec 2002, 11:51
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,620

Hi folks,
In regard to machine speed, is buying THE fastest Tibook going to give me a noticeable performance improvement?
I think that there is about a $400 difference between the fastest machine out there and the second fastest, and I was wanting to know if the extra money is well spent.

Am I going to want to get a Gig of RAM or is less than this quite OK?
I know RAM is quite cheap now, but I am wanting to more know if a lot of RAM is a big help or not.

Thanks,
charlie
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Bart S.
post Wed 25 Dec 2002, 12:36
Post #2

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,707

QUOTE (charlieb @ Dec 24 2002, 23:25)
And, since neither one of you mentioned it, machine speed, say between 800 Mgz and 1GHz should also not make any noticeable difference?

Of course processor speed makes a difference...
Let me quote myself (kinda weird...) :
"Processor speed and HD access is more important".
A fast processor (and fast HD: IDE 7200 rpm minimum, SCSI 7200/10000 rpm) will increase your plugs count and improve general processing of your mac (editing, display, play/Rec/Stop, ...).
More RAM won't...

--------------------
I will not call my teacher "Hot Cakes''...I will not call my teacher "Hot Cakes''...I will not call my teacher "Hot Cakes''...I will not call my teacher "Hot Cakes''...I will not call my teacher "Hot Cakes''...I will not call my teacher "Hot Cakes''...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 12 Sep 2024, 23:49
- © MacMusic 1997-2008