MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Logic/g5/dp, No sound with Logic
Z09
post Tue 21 Jul 2009, 16:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 109,722

Hi everybody,

I have recently installed Logic Pro.8.02 on my G5 bipro
everythings seems OK but I have no sound !
You have to know that just before I worked with Digital Performer.
DP is OK with the sound but I can't have sound when I open Logic.
DP and Logic are on the same computer but I never use them together…
Is anybody can help me ?
Thank you

This post has been edited by Z09: Tue 21 Jul 2009, 16:38
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Jim Hoyland
post Fri 24 Jul 2009, 09:59
Post #2

Member No.: 81,499

Can you route system sounds (e.g. alerts, QuickTime, iTunes) to your MOTU device?

If not, there may be a driver problem, so you should check to see if there are any updates available from MOTU.

If you can use the MOTU in this way, try launching Logic, then press and hold "CTRL" as the software is loading. You should get a dialogue asking if you want to use the Core Audio driver. Select "no". When Logic has finished loading go to the Audio preference page we were looking at before. Click the "Core Audio" tab and activate the Core Audio driver with the little check box in the top left corner. Try switching between built-in audio and your Motu device (pressing "Apply Changes" each time).

After each "switch" go to your Loops browser and double click on any "blue" loop so it plays in preview mode. Are you getting sound with either option?

If your drivers are up-to-date and the above procedure doesn't jump-start the MOTU, you may need to trash your Logic preferences which can be found in:

User > Library > Preferences > com.apple.logic.pro.cs

These will be regenerated the next time you launch Logic so its not a problem.

Let me know if this doesn't work and I'll try to think of something else...

--------------------
www.myspace.com/commercialmusicstudios

+Quote Post
Z09
post Fri 24 Jul 2009, 10:24
Post #3

Member No.: 109,722

QUOTE (Jim Hoyland @ Fri 24 Jul 2009, 10:59) *
Can you route system sounds (e.g. alerts, QuickTime, iTunes) to your MOTU device?

If not, there may be a driver problem, so you should check to see if there are any updated available from MOTU.

If you can use the MOTU in this way, try launching Logic, then press and hold "CTRL" as the software is loading. You should get a dialogue asking if you want to use the Core Audio driver. Select "no". When Logic has finished loading go to the Audio preference page we were looking at before. Click the "Core Audio" tab and activate the Core Audio driver with the little check box in the top left corner. Try switching between built-in audio and your Motu device (pressing "Apply Changes" each time).

After each "switch" go to your Loops browser and double click on any "blue" loop so it plays in preview mode. Are you getting sound with either option?

If your drivers are up-to-date and the above procedure doesn't jump-start the MOTU, you may need to trash your Logic preferences which can be found in:

Hello Jim,
first, thank you for your help
you have to know that my drivers are Updated and I got the latest Updates version for my Audio card (I do it 3 days ago)
I have done everything you told me, I do it twice but the result is the same. When I go in the loop browser and select, I only ear clic in my monitors !
I send you attached file where you can see the error wich is indicates by Logic

QUOTE (Z09 @ Fri 24 Jul 2009, 11:21) *

If not, there may be a driver problem, so you should check to see if there are any updates available from MOTU.

Hello Jim,
you have to know that my drivers are Updated and I got the latest Updates version for my Audio card (I do it 3 days ago)
I have done everything you told me, I do it twice but the result is the same. When I go in the loop browser and select, I only ear clic in my monitors !

QUOTE (Z09 @ Fri 24 Jul 2009, 11:21) *

Hello Jim,
you have to know that my drivers are Updated and I got the latest Updated version for my Audio card (I do it 3 days ago)

This post has been edited by Z09: Fri 24 Jul 2009, 10:22
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Image_3.png ( 531.71K ) Number of downloads: 3
Attached File  Image_3.png ( 531.71K ) Number of downloads: 5

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 5 Jun 2024, 09:00
- © MacMusic 1997-2008