MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Waves Dorrough Meter Collection, news
_News_
post Mon 1 Dec 2008, 06:14
Post #1

Visitors

Comments about:

Waves Dorrough Meter Collection
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mortalengines
post Wed 3 Dec 2008, 07:06
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,373

I feel your pain Mac Daddy. I actually upgraded my G4's OS to Leopard to keep up with Ableton Live (and a couple of other software platforms I use) updates and it was a semi nightmare. I actually lost use of my Hardware interface. I bought 2 last summer: one cheap one just to get me through for a little while and then an Apogee Duet. The whole thing was pretty stupid. I am not real happy about the haphazard nature of upgrading.....as a matter of fact, I went ahead and bought a MacBook Pro just to be able to run Waves plug ins because they are generally CPU hogs on anything less than a Dual Core machine. By the way, the Waves plugs are TOTALLY AWESOME on my new machine....also I'll be paying for all of this for at least a year (or longer, I just got laid off.....It's cool, so is everybody else....I am in good company). If you are willing to spend something like 5 grand and are willing to do your homework then, sure....go ahead and play the game. Kind of crazy to have to do something like that every 4 or 5 years though.

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 22 Sep 2024, 08:29
- © 440 Forums 2011