MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Pc To Mac - Should I?????
petra
post Wed 4 Dec 2002, 15:27
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,813

Hi, I'm a singer/songwriter and am researching about what to do for my future home recording studio.

I'd like to ask you guys and girls out there, how much was the Mac that you're using for recording music. I mean the sum total - with the souncard and stuff.

I don't know much about Macs, but I know it's going to take me some time to learn to work with it if I get one. Right now I'm just blink.gif confused

Please, let me know. If I buy a new killer PC or a new Mac, is Mac going to be much more expensive?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ryosode
post Thu 5 Dec 2002, 10:53
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,270

It all depends on what you want to do and how deep you want to get into this business.

As for me, I don't see why I can't use a PC for recording purposes and indeed I use it for Acid Pro programming and SysEx editing/librarian purposes because those are not offered under OS X. The only reason I use my Mac for main recording station is because there's that chemistry between me and my Mac. That's all there is to it. So if you don't think you'll be comfortable in Mac-land, I don't recommend switching... On the contrary, if you can get comfortable with a Macintosh, you won't regret switching. So go to a nearby Apple authorized retail store and just experience it for yourself. Ask a lot of questions and play as much as you can with OS X. Good luck.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 25 Sep 2024, 11:33
- © MacMusic 1997-2008