MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Running Out Of Cpu Power, help please!
anakinsrightarm
post Wed 2 Apr 2008, 04:22
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 100,031

hellooo i have a macbook pro with 1ghz ram. i run pro tools LE 7.3 and have had the issue of running out of cpu power. i get the error message "you are running out of CPU power. Remove some RTAS plug ins or increase the cpu usage limit in the playback engine dialog. (-9128)"

i am not running that many tracks (3-4) and only about 2 plug ins and i am still getting the problem.
i also increased the cpu usage limit in the playback engine dialog with no luck.

i thought it had to do with not having an external hard drive, so i picked up a glyph 050 250 gb hd. on other forums they said it didnt have to do with the hard drive, and to come here.

thanks blink.gif

This post has been edited by anakinsrightarm: Wed 2 Apr 2008, 04:23
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mortalengines
post Fri 4 Apr 2008, 22:52
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,373

Well....before you throw out your PT or spend a TON of money on new RAM, I gotta ask......Are you using Leopard? If so, PTLE 7.0 is NOT approved for use with OSX Leopard. Digidesign is working on a software revision as we speak. Yes, the more RAM the better but I just have 1.25 GB of RAM myself with Leopard on a G4 and I am chugging right along with Ableton Live (of course I have to do all kinds of track freezing and rendering and whatnot to get anything done but, I've had to do that for years so nothing has changed.....the G4 is a little long in the tooth but it cost me 2500 bucks back in 2004......I probably won't upgrade for another year. Anyway, check the Digidesign website and maybe dink around in GB for a little while until they come up with a proper version of PTLE for you and then decide whether you want to get more RAM or get a new DAW. You probably ought to get more RAM anyway and personally, Pro Tools is a pain in the ass.....I never could seem to get the right OS version to make my Mbox happy.....nor could I know the joy of freeware VST and AU plugs. My Mbox gathers dust......I may upgrade to 7.0 when they catch up to Leopard now (I upgraded due to the fact that Ableton 7.0 recommends the upgrade)....I dunno.

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 5 Jun 2024, 11:16
- © MacMusic 1997-2008