MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> How To Connect Mackie Onyx 1220 Or 1620 With Pro Tools?
theory84
post Mon 10 Mar 2008, 18:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,452

hi, I m new on this forum, i was searching for my answer on many forums and other sites but whit no answer...my problem is that i want to buy a mackie onyx 1220 or 1640 and work whit pro tools...at the moment i have an m-box mini, but i know that i will need to change to something else.

The thing is that the HD system and c 24 is to expensive for me, so i thought to go whit a digi 003 rack and somehow connect it to the mackie onyx, but how??

maybe i could somehow connect the mackie tracktion in rewire whit pro tools?

is this possible?

or i could record everything in tracktion and than export and import in a pro tools session?

please help
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mortalengines
post Wed 12 Mar 2008, 07:33
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,373

If you were to use a standard mixer as a front end for Pro Tools it would be a matter of using The line outs of the mixer into the 003. Of course you could just use the 003 by itself but the mixer would give you the utility of extra preamps and easier control over monitoring, etc. etc. I did know a guy who used a Yamaha Digital Console with his 001 but those are pricey. Any thoughts for using the full version of the 003? I understand it is pretty good. If you are thinking of switching DAWs there would be a lot going for getting Logic Studio and an Apogee Ensemble.....I hear nothing but good things about that combo and when you need to add inputs you can just buy another Ensemble and chain it to the first.

If you really wanted to go for the Onyx though.....Tracktion does have a good sound, I understand (funny, I have had it for a while and really never used it as I use Ableton Live) and you could record into Tracktion and then import the individual tracks into Pro Tools for further tweaking and final mix.

Oh yeah....that Yamaha mixer does look pretty sweet.

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines

This post has been edited by mortalengines: Wed 12 Mar 2008, 07:34
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Welcome Guest
Contribute
Lo-Fi Version - Wed 12 Jun 2024, 18:01
- © PcMusic 1997-2007